The new GTA 4 will focus on a Eastern European character named Nikolai “Niko” Bellic whi is between 28 and 32 years of age. The character has come to Liberty City straight from overseas to pursue the american dream. Niko’s cousin persuaded him to come to to America by e-mailing Niko how he would live a fabulous life in a mansion width two women, four hot tubs, and fifteen sports cars. In reality Niko’s cousin was telling lies to cover his own failures and only had a small taxi business for Niko to work for.
Originally Rockstar Games set the release for October 16, 2007 was changed in August of 2007 due to development delays. It was later said that much of the delay was because of technical difficulties with Playstation 3. Finally on January 24, 2007 Take-Two announced the official release date for GTA 4 would be April 28, 2008.
In the previous releases of the GTA games it was very mission oriented. In GTA IV you will now be able to have more open game play. Not only will it be open Gameplay but you will be able to progress in the game by doing many things in whichever order you wish.The game will take place in a redesigned Liberty City consisting of five boroughs. The total area of the game will be smaller than GTA: Sand Andreas however it will be must more detailed and it will be the largest single city in the GTA series. The official PS2 Magazine has said it will take you at least one hour to get from one side of the city to the other. You will be able to go into buildings and do many more things in areas compared to the older series.
Details of Gameplay/Upgrades
- You will no longer have to deal with load screens as the game will only load once initially then continuously load in the background.
- More physics will play a role in the game such as the terrain a character is walking on changes the way he walks.
- The graphics of the new game are greatly improved.
- The faster you tap the controller buttons the faster your character will run.
- You will now be able to do things such as climb telephone poles and fire escapes, pushing people, calling women for dates, playing pool, darts, bowling, eating, and drinking. You can even become intoxicated in the game.
- You will not be able to fly any aircrafts besides helicopters.
- You will be able to control boats.
- You will be able to have more than one active mission sine some missions will take an extended period of time.
- Stealing a car now involves breaking the window and then hot wiring the car.
- The game now uses a similar system to Gears of War for gunfights for a more natural feel.
- When police are after you your character wail have to avoid a certain radius of the map where the cops will be searching for him. The more your wanted level increases the larger the radius on the map is.
- You will now be able to change the attitude of characters by not answering the phone or refusing to help them.
- Pedestrians are now said to be more realistic. They will use mobile phones, cash machines, eat, drink, read, scratch themselves, cough, smoke, and interact with each other. The homeless people will be more realistic also. Overall the realistic ness of the pedestrians and other people is much more realistic.
There will be a multiplayer feature for GTA IV but it will not be MMO. You will be able to play online using your characters mobile phone and it is said to be able to have 16 players with open game play throughout the city.
- You will now be able to permanently de story your surroundings by using heavy fire.
- If your character is in a police vehicle you can look up the criminal database and other residents and yourself.
- Going to the hospital costs you $100 but you keep your weapons.
- Getting arrested will cost you more than $100 and you will lose your weapons.
- You can also ride cabs around the city.
- The game now has auto save.
|Series||Grand Theft Auto|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3 Xbox 360|
|Release date||29 April 2008|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Rating(s)||ESRB: Rating Pending (RP)|
|Media||Blu-ray Disc DVD-DL|