Have a Question?
Post a Cheat!
Do you have a new cheat, hint, or want to share a strategy?
Do you have a new cheat, hint, or want to share a strategy?
|Test your King's Field knowlege!|
Can you answer these questions about King's Field?
If you have a question and you are having trouble finding it then just post it here. You do not need to login to post it or even to answer.
|We need Your feedback!|
Is King's Field any good? |
Would you recommend it to a friend?
What do you like? What do you NOT like?
I'm one of the Game Masters at ASCII Entertainment Software, and I have noticed a lot of questions concerning King's Field. Well I think I'll answer a few of them. Let's see, to start off I'd like thank the people out there (you know who you are) who have been supporting KF on the various news groups trying to help individuals with problems and hints. I'd also like to show my appreciation to the RPG supporters out there who are stressing their interest in RPG's on the PlayStation. OK then, I'm just going to spout a bunch of hints, tips and information about KF.
hints, tips and information
1. Blood stones cure conditions.
2. You can regenerate MP a few different ways: one way is to use a moon stone, dragon fruit or MP water. There is a certain item you can get which lets your character regenerate HP and MP while you walk. Once you find Seath's fountain fill as many flasks as you have with Healing water. If you have all 3 streams of water flowing into the fountain it will make gold water that heals all MP, HP and cures conditions (sweet!).
3. There are 2 types of "sealed" doors: ones near the fountain and all the others. The ones at the fountain open when you have all 3 waters flowing. The others "unlock" when you have the Dark Slayer sword.
4.Verdite- when used it permanently increases your magic points by 1
(I think you are better off selling it).
5. Dragon Fruit - restores MP, HP and conditions.
6. Memory Card blocks used? I was told by From software of Japan (the ones who developed KF) that it required up to 15 blocks to save a game. Whether this is correct or not, I do not know. I have a character that is level 99 with almost all of the items, and I can fit at least 5 to a card. So you decide.
7. Crystal shards are another form of cash!! 2 crystals can be taken to the crystal crafter and then turned into a flask. *** Flasks are very important for trading and carrying waters.
8. You are suppose to be shipwrecked on an unfamiliar island and that is why certain items are not explained in the manual. It's all part of the game to find out what things do. Two ways of doing this are, 1st find the fortune teller, and she'll tell what items are used for. The Second is the Truth Glass.
9. TIP!!!! If you open a door with a Rhombus key, make sure you have another one before you go into that room. If the door closes and it is a dead end your stuck because you do not have a key to open the door from the other side.
10. TIP!!! I can not stress this enough USE YOUR GATES & GATE KEYS. These are very important for exploring. Reminder: you need 10 MP to use this item. Check the manual if you do not know how to use 'em.
11. You can kill the large Kraken like any thing else. One technique I have found that works well is hit the big boy with a magic and at the same time go in swinging. If you time it right you shouldn't have much trouble with him. NOTE: If your having trouble killing him you best wait until your levels go up because the creatures in that cave are not a piece of cake. Basically just wait until your strong enough.
12. Harvine's Flute - Fai has this item. It's used when ever you see 2 wind poles.
|Short guide for kings field.||100%|
|First when you start off you want to go inside the cave. Go and kill the first monster in a corner. Then pick up the herb next to the other door. When you do go inside the door. There will be two different squids. If you are being killed go to the fountain and press X. That way you will be fully healed. Then you want to finish them off. Keep on your feet because there is a lot more to do. If you see a slime and a chest leave them alone. The slime proves quite useful. It heals you when you are poisoned. Then keep going on past the first door you saw. Before that go to the entrance of the cave. There are a few barrels. Look through them all. There you will find a iron mask. Go back out and run over the bridge fast or you will fall in the blue. Climb up the tower. There you will find a fire crystal. Pick it up. Carefully go back down the steps. Go back in the cave. Here you should be Level 2. Go straight and you will find another entrance. Go in. There will be there squids. Kill them all. But make sure you find any herbs that are on the floor and keep them. They will heal you in battle. As long as you pause it and open your inventory then select the herb and use it you are healed. Keep on fighting and kill them all. Jump down off the short cliff. You will be a tiny bit hurt buy oh well. There is a chest in there. Open it if you can and then get the gold out. Go back up. Go across the hall. Keep looking for a dead soldier. He will have something important. Keep looking for easy quick fights because you have to level a lot if you want to kill the dragons. Fight everything in there. Watch out for any plants or snails. There will poison in you if you get hit. Remember not to kill any green slimes. Because they can heal the poison but do a little damage. Kill the plants. Then look for the snails. They will breathe fire but they are slow and can kill other enemies so try that. Here you should be at least level 4. Then you want to find a room with three doors. The way you came in, the green staircase, and a green door. Go to the staircase. Oh and make sure you save all this. Look for a save point up there. There will be one. I am sure. Now you should have at least 2000-4000 gold so go and look for a man elf towards the green door. You will have to fight guards. Lower the bridge after you kill the guard. Go on the bridge and run past. Then go left. If he is not anywhere in that area then look at the right area. Keep searching every room until you find the village. Look for the shop. There you should buy a short sword, and a leather shield. Well it dose not do much but hey its better then nothing. Then look in all the areas of the village. You will find more strong monsters to level up on. After that you should be able to kill skeletons. Go back up the green staircase and open the treasure chests. Just in case you should save it first. Then go and open them. Some will have nothing, a couple will have a skeleton in it and 1 will have gold. Kill the skeleton. Go save the game. Here you should be Level 6. Go back outside. Go past the giant squid. Do not try anything with him until you are level 10 at least. Level 7-10 could do. But your only Level 6. So keep going and kill everything you see. make sure to go on land first. Do not stay on the bridge. The flies and the fish will knock you off for sure. So sprint across. Kill everything you see. The dragonflies and the squids. Then go past the water. You will find another skeleton. Kill it. Then you should be Level 7. Rush back to the save point. Save the game. Then you should go to the giant squid and use your magic on him once you equip the fire crystal. Use the fireball. If he is not dead when your MP is depleted the go and reload the game. Look for more enemies. Fight them all. You should be at least level 11 from all that killing. Now go save it. Come back to the giant squid. You will be able to cut the head in 4-6 fireballs and kill in with the rest. Aim good cause you only have several shots. (4-15) So when he is dead pick up the stuff you see. You should maybe gain a level or two from it. You should be Level 12 or Level 13. Then go in the cave with the water. See if you can open the door. If you cant then go back and save it. Go to a fisherman that is located somewhere on the right side of the outside of the cave. Then when you go there talk to him. Go back and cross the bridge that leads to the tower. Do not go up it. Go around it. There will be one or two places to go to. One has 2 squids. Dont worry you will be able to kill them in a couple hits. Notice: You will gain 50XP then you level so every 50XP you get you level. So after 1000XP you should be level 20. But Look over the place. There will be a breastplate. You should have around 6000-10000 gold. Go back to the man you bought the stuff from and buy a knights sword and some armor. Go back to the water fall cave. If you still cant open the door then you will have to find a way how to open it. When I find my game and keep playing it I will make another guide to continue this one. That is all I have for right now.|
|NEW Cheat Please Vote !!|