MLB 09: The Show PSP Questions & Answers
So what new videos are there today?
Please search for your question first. It may have already been asked.
Ask a Question
How can I sign free agents to other teams during road to the show play. EX manny isn't on the dodgers and many late signs are not on right rosters. I want to make rosters accurate. Thanks?
Every time I make a player I go to the free agents in season mode and the other one but I still cant still fine my person I created?
Should I buy the game or is it aw waste to buy it?
How do you get your own music on MLB 2009 The Show for psp please help me I asked my dad he usually knows how to do that stuff and I asked my uncle he knows that stuff to but no one has a clue how to do it?
Why isn't Manny Ramirez in Dodgers lineup? I tried to move him from the free agents but I still can't find him in the Dodgers lineup.
he was a free agent from the Red sox
I have been having problems with batting any tips on looking at the pitch and judging if it is a ball or a strike really quickly?
question? have you ever noticed that some quess will toss 88 mph junk that you cant catch up to or 96 that is so slow that you whif or hit a mile "juuuuuusssssttttt foul". below you will realize why it is so hard to hit on this game.
1. you have prob read on other comments before (not always true but at least 90 percent) don't swing at the first pitch. my reason for this is simple, whether a pitcher is in the stretch or full wind up, whether he is going to throw heat or the soft stuff, every pitcher has a "general" tempo. do this! #1 and most important watch the complete wind up and get a "general" time span from when he finishes (releases) the ball until it makes the glove snap. if you can judge this time span it will allow you to (a) hit the ball mostly in gaps and up the middle (less strikeouts), and (b) doesnt make you rush to make really quick discision when his 95mph is moving like 82mph on the screen.
#2 the release point and trajectory. if you can see where the ball is coming from and remember or imagine the sort of line on the last pitch (if ball just imagine strike line), you will already have the impact time from release and smack ola.
#3 now your asking well the "time it takes for diff pitches to reach the plate must change." my answer: yes, but and this is a big but, it doesnt change that much within every pitcher... just pitcher to pitcher.... so dont swing at the first pitch for a new pitcher... get the timing down first.
now some general notes or tweeking that ive been doing please comment on any.
-never swing at the first pitch: well if i noticed that a pitcher that worked around me, or visa versa the first (maybe second) at bat, ive noticed that they tend to do the oppisite. so i have a good idea of there tempo i will look for a strike line and remeber (not anxiously) his tempo. i have gotten a lot of first pitch strike and hits using that strategy.
-i hardly ever choose pitch or location or try to get the ball up or down. i find i hit more line drives and hard single by not doing it. when i do guess right it breaks my attention away from pitch tempo which is the key.
just try it. i know it works, but would welcome all feed back or tweeking because i want to when 14 mvps
if you do this. you have three pieces of info that will dramatically, by theirself improve your hitting.
The game is ran off of a computer. The program dictates what key factors make up a good pitcher. One of them is First pitch strikes....the computer is told that a good pitcher tries to get 1st pitch strikes to get ahead in the count. You will see tons of 1st pitches to tee off of.
1. Guess pitch - Always guess 4SFB (or 2SFB/RFB if 4SFB is not available). The only exception to this is if there is a knuckleball pitcher - then I choose KN. Fastballs come in as strikes more then any other pitch - it helps to know when they are coming.
2. All pitches do something with in a certain range ... learn what each pitch does (play a practice game as a pitcher if you need too) then you know what to look for at the plate.
3. Look at your situation and the situation that your pitcher is in ... if your the #3 hitter, coming back up to bat for the second time in and its only the second inning...that pitcher is struggling ... now look at his stats, if your team is leading 4-0 but only have 3 hits then the pitcher has given up walks ... how many? 3? then he is off the plate so be patient as a hitter. If your team is up 4-0 and have 7 hits w/ no walks then that pitcher is just placing the ball on a tee for everyone so expect a juicy pitch at some point in the at bat.
4. Solving fastballs - if you use the strike zone box (in the options) then watch where the ball releases from and ends up ... This will let you know early what fast balls will be strikes and which will be balls.
5. Solving Junk - Now that you know what each pitch does (how it breaks) like the fast ball, watch the release. If at the release it looks like it would hit the outside corner and its a slider that breaks outside then the pitch will be a ball. Same pitch that breaks inside you should swing at because it will be a strike.
***Glitch in game*** This is true with 90% of the pitchers in the game...if during the windup you see the pitchers arm or body "shift" basically if the windup appears unnatural then dont swing ... its a huge tell that the pitch will be out of the strike zone ... lots of time way out of the strike zone.
In the game for PSP how can you put created players onto the Home Run Derby lineup.?
I want to buy players, I have enough profile points but I cant exit the "eggs" thing in rewards. How do I change it?
How do you get more contract offers at the end of the season on rtts. the only offer I get is the team im singed with?
In rtts pitching, is there any way to get monster numbers? plus, what are the best pitches you can learn?
How do you get the live rosters now (on april 26th 2010) whenever I try to get on the internet to get live rosters..................like you said............ it trys to compile some agreement (me not having this game till a week ago meaning I dont have an account) it completely shuts off my game?
How can I put every player as a free agent or something like that, so I can put every player on a differnet team?
Is there anyway I can play my "road to the show" guy with my buddy in an exibition game?
Playing regular season but want to update my roster. trying to update through trades but somw teams won't allow trades. my game is not the updated internet version. want to update my team manually?
How do I put music on jukebox? I have music on my memory stick but when I try "My MLB Music" it says I have no songs.
In career mode, is there anyway to get points without having to earn them?
I made a player and I went to seasaon. I drafted him from free agents. but now it wont let him on the playing roster. the only option it has is reelising him?
How do you throw another pitch if you don't like the pitch the catcher is wanting you to throw?
Bases loaded, one out, you have a 1-1 count and your catcher is telling you to hurl in a high fastball on the outside corner. Now the best way to get out of a bases loaded jam w/ only one out w/o having a run score is obviously a strike out for the second out or a ground ball for the double play. Alternatively a ground ball and play at the plate. Best case is to try for the K and hope for a ground ball double play. Pitch wise, batters tend to hit grounders off of low pitches and lift the ball on high pitches ... so even though my first two pitches have been low and I could get him to swing through a high fast ball, he could also hit it and if he does it will likely be in the air which is what I dont want... so I would ignore the catcher and continue to pitch low.
Can you make your created player better in road to show instead of points?
and then you should come to a draft screen. I think I did it on one of the
other MLB the Show games and there were probably 40 rounds because you have to pick your whole 40-man roster. I suggest you let the computer select a couple of people for you.
If you press down on the analog stick and he's not in position, you will simply run through home plate.
How do you get rid of the 3 boxes that are on the screen when your on base? the ones that tell you steal,go back....thank-you